Membership Eligibility

Membership in the Credit Union is open to:

  • Employees of the State of Connecticut
  • Employees of labor organizations representing State of Connecticut employees as a bargaining agent, provided such employees are employed and based in the State of Connecticut
  • Employees who are directly responsible to and/or under the direction and supervision of an elected or appointed state official
  • Members of the General Assembly and employees of the General Assembly
  • Members of the State Employees Retirement System
  • Retired Employees of the State of Connecticut
  • Organizations composed of State of Connecticut Employees
  • Immediate family members of Connecticut State Employees Credit Union, Inc. members
  • Employees of the Connecticut State Employees Credit Union, Inc.

Any person properly admitted to membership may continue his/her membership during his/her lifetime

Become a CSE Member

It’s easy to join CSE Credit Union! Either stop by any of our office locations or follow these steps to join by mail:

  1. Download the Membership Application (Adobe Acrobat is required. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat).
  2. Complete the application and include the following:
    • A recent State of Connecticut paystub (if you are a State employee).
    • Immediate family member's name and relationship (if you are joining as an immediate family member of a CSE member).
    • An opening deposit to your account of $25 to establish your credit union membership.  Make check payable to CSE Credit Union.
  3. Mail all information to a CSE office near you:

CSE Credit Union
84 Wadsworth St, Hartford, CT 06106
1244 Storrs Rd, Storrs, CT 06268
1666 Litchfield Tpke, Woodbridge, CT 06525
401 W. Thames St, Norwich, CT 06360
P.O. Box 644, Southbury, CT 06488
P.O. Box 2485, Middletown, CT 06457
2434 Berlin Tpke, Newington, CT 06111

If applying in person, please bring two forms of valid ID, one of which should be a government-issued photo ID. A valid photo ID includes one of the following:

  • A driver's license
  • A state-issued ID card
  • A non-expired U.S. passport

Please note if your identification does not have your current address on it, you will need a tax bill, utility bill or credit card bill that shows your current address.  

You are entitled to all services once your share account has a $25 balance. Members in good standing must maintain a balance of $25 in their regular share account. 

Address & Phone Number Changes

In order to receive important account information, make sure we have your most up-to-date address and phone number on file. You may change your address and phone number with CSE in any of the following four ways:  

  1. Send a signed letter to any of our offices;
  2. Complete and return a Change of Member Contact Information Form;
  3. If enrolled in CSe-Banking, send us a note under the envelope icon on the top right-hand corner of our secure e-banking site; or
  4. Visit any of our offices.