Enjoy the purchasing power of the CSE Credit Union VISA Debit Card and forget about carrying cash or checks again. Our VISA Debit Card works like an electronic check. When you use it to make purchases, funds are automatically debited from your checking account. Simply present your card to the merchant and either sign or enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to make the purchase.
The VISA Debit Card is available for free, but members must have a CSE checking account. Additional benefits are as follows:
- There are no annual fees or interest charges
- There is no $75 hold on your savings accounts
- It can be used anywhere that accepts VISA
- It has the security of an EMV chip card
- It is safer and more convenient than carrying cash or check
- It includes free fraud protection. CSE screens your debit card activity 24/7 to detect suspicious card activity outside your normal pattern.
Track your spending on CSe-Banking, our online banking system, for a detailed history of your debit card transactions. You will be able to see where you used the card, the date used, and the amount.
There are several ways to get cash using your CSE VISA Debit Card:
- Ask for cash back from a merchant. Some merchants may automatically ask you if you would like cash back.
- Get cash at an ATM machine. You can take advantage of no-surcharge ATM services by using the CO-OP surcharge-free ATM networks.
Important Phone Numbers
To report a lost/stolen card:
- During normal business hours, call 860-522-5388.
- Outside of our normal business hours, call 844-592-6412.
To report fraudulent activity, call 844-592-6414.
To inquire about a declined transaction:
- From within the United States, call 844-682-4502.
- From outside the United States, call collect: 614-564-5105.
To activate your VISA Debit card or change a PIN, call 1-800-992-3808.
To protect your account, we monitor your ATM and debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include a sudden change in locale, a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, we'll be calling you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card. We may deny transactions or block your card until you respond.
- Our automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card.
- You'll be able to respond via your touchtone keypad.
- You'll also be provided a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions.
- We will NEVER ask you for your full social security number, account number, PIN or a one-time passcode. If someone asks you for this information, do not give it out. Hang up and call 860-522-5388.
- Respond NOT FRAUD only when you did not make the transaction, not because someone instructs you to respond NOT FRAUD.
To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone number and address at all times. Changes in contact information can be made in person or in writing.
Please be diligent in monitoring transaction activity on your account and contact us immediately at 844-592-6414 if you identify any fraudulent transactions.
- When traveling with your CSE VISA Debit Card, contact any of our offices before you leave, especially if you are traveling out of the country. All international transactions are blocked unless you inform us ahead of time.
- If we do not know that you are traveling, and suspicious out-of-state activity shows up, your VISA Debit Card may be blocked. Calling us prior to the trip will help prevent a block of your account funds.
- We recommend that whenever possible do a PIN-based transaction instead of a signature-based transaction. PIN-based transactions are more secure and therefore less likely to be considered fraudulent.
- If your card is declined, call 844-682-4502 from within the United States and 614-564-5105 when you are traveling outside the United States.
- When traveling abroad, use your VISA Debit Card to make purchases or ATM withdrawals. You’ll get the best conversion rates and CSE does not assess an international fee as most banks do.
To apply for a VISA Debit Card, return the completed application to any of our offices.
VISA Debit Card App