CSE Credit Union is owned by its members and run by a board of directors you elect. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority of this credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information.
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share information about you to complete your transactions and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide either services to us or additional products for you to consider.
Under these arrangements, we may disclose all the information we collect, as described below, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These companies agree to maintain confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell to other third parties the information we provide to them.
Information We Collect And Disclose About You
We collect and may disclose to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements nonpublic personal information we collect about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on membership and loan applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms, such as from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may also disclose information we collect about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with CSE Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Some information is collected for statistical purposes. Computer software programs are used to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. No personal information, such as your name or address, is collected or used for this analysis. We collect no information, which would identify you personally.
We automatically collect, and store, only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xyzcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web)from which you access our web site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit and the result of the request, such as a query.
- Other status codes and values resulting from the Web server responding to the request received: HTTP status code, Windows NT code, number of bytes sent, number of bytes received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, and protocol version.